Monday, April 7, 2008

Seem to have got the computer problems sorted, though I'm not sure how. Anyway I don't keep getting thrown off for no obvious reason.



Christmas arrived early for me on Friday - got this box from Sue through the UK Embellisher Swap group. It's an Arty Bits swap. We have to make 5 inchies, 5 cords, 5 beads and also include something bought and something made. Sue has put everything I've done to shame already (not that I've finished making the cords yet). She made a pelmet vilene envelope for the inchies and another one for the cords, both beautifully decorated with beaded fasteners. The beads are lovely and long and already I know what I want to do with them. She says they were straws, wrapped with chiffon, then acrilyic felt with wool tops needled onto it, then zapped and wrapped with wire and finally dry brush wiped with gold paint. Fabulous! She also sent me some bags of beautiful beads (bought ones). Guess what I've got to get on with this week?

I also had another envelope with these lovely button fairies (sorry about the slightly blurry photo) from Amanda, Jean and Fay of the Mixed Media ATC Group. I really enjoyed making mine and it was fun to see how different everyones were.

2 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Thats a lovely box of bits you got there - those beads sound wonderful. Never heard of doing them like that before. Look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Genie said...

I keep looking at my box of goodies from Sue in wonderment, and not sure how to use them to show them at there best, Love the button fairies thre on my list of things to do,